Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Gym Girl; part 3

Right, I know there I've never posted anything called 'Gym Girl; part x' before but I thought I'd start posting about my gym sessions but my blog never existed for my first two trips to the gym. Anyway, as I mentioned before I am around 5 foot 7/8ish and about 10 and a half stone- wow not many girls would put that on the internet- and therefore aren't going to the gym to loose weight, more to improve my fitness and have a laugh. I do spend most of my time in the gym chatting and looking as though I'm doing something productive when in fact I'm not. I am trying to build up my stamina and currently spend 15 minutes on the treadmill followed by 10 minutes on the bike and 20 reps for three sets on some leg weight machine. I'm not sure what it is called but you have your legs at right angles and they start near your chest then you push out. I did do five minutes on the rowing machine yesterday but it really hurts my back so I'm not sure if I'll use it again. I also did some weird exercise with Fay yesterday where I stood on some balance board thing and we throw a 5kg ball to one another and had a natter. That is what I call exercise!

My friend Dean wants to be a personal trainer so he tries to push me harder with sit ups and leg raises and does insist on pushing me to my limit and forcing me to do that little bit extra. It is really what I need because I admit I am really lazy and lack motivation. Another one of my friends Nessa also pushes me to extremes and shouts at me that I can when stop, again something that I need because I can normally do those extra few reps.

I'm really enjoying the gym which surprises me because I'm not really a fan of getting hot and sweaty. I do like the banter and looking at the nice bloke who works there. I am really gutted because there are very few hot men there and that was originally my first reason to start going to the gym- for the eye candy. 

Em xox

No comments:

Post a Comment