Sunday, 18 March 2012

DIY SOS

After deciding that I wasnt going to go to university, I thought it was time to redecorate. My room was green, think Monica and Chandler's guest room in Friends, with white wardrobes. Last Saturday I decided I was going to redecorate on my own (normally my dad does all the decorating) and went down to Homebase with my friend Fay and bought some beech coloured sticky back plastic. I decided to change the colour of my wardrobes because I was painting the walls cream and didn't want too much white.

When we got home we started painting. My dad had bought some equipment called a Paint Pad Pro which is like a paint pad that you use instead of a roller or brush. Despite a sticky start, I've finally got the hang of it and have almost finished the walls a week on.

We also struggled with the sticking of the back plastic as my wardrobes have awkward ridges on them. However, I did find some sort of technique and managed to cover my wardrobes fairly seamlessly.

Now I'm just looking forward to going out and  buying new accessories and putting up new pictures.

Em xox

No comments:

Post a Comment