Thursday, 24 May 2012

Long time, No blog

It has been absolutely ages since I last blogged, mostly because I haven't had time. I've been so busy with college work and what not that I just haven't physically had the chance to sit down and write. So what's new? My exams are now underway; two down, six more to go. I am so happy about leaving college, a summer of fun is much needed! It is really dawning on my how old I'm getting and how much I need to buckle down and sort out my head, and I must say I'm getting there. Despite the fact I was through to the final round of interviews for my job thing with KPMG, I decided not to go to the interview. I emailed them and everything, like I didn't just not turn up, and I spent some deciding on what I actually wanted. A guy at work is always telling them to follow my heart and not just settle for something because it's an easy option or because that's what I think I should be doing. I've now found that my passion is in journalism. It's a career option that has always been in the back of my mind but thought because I haven't got any experience and I'm not the most outspoken of people that I wouldn't make it. It then dawned on me that the worse that could happen would be I'd get rejected and I should aim for the moon and if I fail, I'll land in the stars so that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to apply for university and some other little course and see where life takes me- I might end up being the editor of some big magazine or something in ten years time. It's amazing how much better you feel after  talking to someone in the know, plus the sun is shining which always helps.
Anyway, over and out!
Em xox

No comments:

Post a Comment